Founded in 1963 by Don Fessler & George Bowman, Fessler & Bowman, Inc. has grown from a residential flatwork & basement wall contractor to a top 100 Commercial Concrete Contractor recognized across the nation. Keeping customer satisfaction as our fundamental core value has allowed Fessler & Bowman, Inc. to prosper for nearly six decades.
Our Culture & Philosophy:
Fessler & Bowman is a fast-paced and culture-focused industry leader in specialty concrete and civil earthwork. When we talk about culture at F&B, it is not just a plaque hanging in our lobby. Our values are our driving force and have allowed us to build a phenomenal team delivering best in class products to our customers.
- Open & Constructive
- Take Pride in Our Product
- Relentless Commitment
- Care About Our Customers
- Team Success
Foremen at F&B are reliable leaders capable of commanding a crew to ensure the completion of work. The Foreman will be responsible for keeping trade workers on target with job site deadlines while making sure all safety guidelines are followed. Working closely with the Superintendent, the Foreman will aid in keeping customers satisfied and continuing the positive reputation of Fessler & Bowman. The below descriptions are representative of, but not limited to, the expectations of this role. The descriptions below are representative of, but not limited to, the duties and responsibilities for this position.
Five Key Roles of the Foreman – Civil:
- Accurately enter all timesheets into Procore; including proper cost codes for work performed the previous day by 9:00 am.
- Enter and validate complete daily logs including weather, notes, photos, equipment, productivity (deliveries), documents, and descriptions for work completed the previous day by 9:00am.
- Communicate daily production goals to the team and assign duties to qualified tradespersons to achieve target production rates.
- Complete job site safety inspection, toolbox talks and identify potential hazards to the team to ensure project safety. All incident reports are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure no T&M and/or change order work is started until PM has validated written commitment from the customer and ensure accurate tracking of T&M and/or change order work in Procore.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Validate accurate take-off quantities and ensure that materials, equipment, and subcontractors are on site according to the project schedule.
- Review, validate, and shoot grades and ensure elevations are correct according to the latest drawing revision.
- Complete 3-week look ahead and review with General Superintendent and PM to align to the project schedule.
- Daily communication and job progress update with the PM including any identified risks to schedule, quantities, or manpower that to be addressed.
- Track equipment, form, shoring and other assets on the job and remove when work is completed.
- Pour card validation.
- Perform daily equipment inspection in Tenna.
- Organize Miss Dig/One Call.
- Ensure the quality of daily work completed on site.
- Execute all punch list items to completion.
- Organize and direct personnel to execute project requirements.
- Interpret plans, shop drawings and specifications to perform work correctly.
- Order materials per plans and specifications as assigned by supervisor.
- Schedule equipment and tools as assigned and coordinated.
- Organize and manage all demobilization activities for manpower, equipment and materials.
- Ensure craftsmen maintain a clean and safe job site.
- Ensure OSHA, safety, and environmental regulation compliance.
- Identify potential design, construction or scheduling problems and advise superintendent.
- Clarify discrepancies and questions concerning plans and drawings.
- Oversee construction projects from beginning to end and coordinate workers without supervision.
- Ability to identify and correct unsafe acts.
- Communicating and upholding the Company’s commitment to Integrity and Code of Ethics, as well as ensuring the same for the entire team.
- Other relevant tasks as assigned.
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- 15+ years of Civil Foreman experience.
- Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record preferred.
- OSHA 30 certification.
- Experience leading crews of 6+ people while completing the following tasks:
- Deep excavation at utility construction site.
- Water, storm, and sanitary sewer pipe.
- Dewatering, bypass pumping, wet utilities, heavy equipment, line alignment, leak testing, and knowledge of local specifications, materials, and methods.
- Progressive utility construction.
- Pipe laying.
- Pipe laser.
- Proven experience supervising self-performed subsurface construction, ability to multi-task and resolve constructability and equipment issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to job coach.
- Safety attitude.
Travel is required for this position as the employee must be able to travel to surrounding job sites. F&B will compensate a per diem for travel and overnight stay if applicable.
As a Foreman, you will be subject to various work environments. Environments include but are not limited to the following: high/low temperatures, areas close to traffic, loud and frequent noises, confined spaces, heights, indoor/outdoor settings.
Fessler & Bowman Team Members that are part of a union will receive benefits from the appropriate union.
The recruitment process will include a phone screen, in-person meeting, and a pre-employment background check and drug test.
Fessler & Bowman is an Equal Opportunity Employer