Prepare cost estimates for the various business lines of the Taplin Companies, including, Abatement, Energy, Industrial, Remediation and Underground Infrastructure. An estimator must rely on the use of construction plans and his own experience in the industry to prepare and analyze project budgets and spending. Assemble costs based on approved methodologies for various projects in environmental remediation field that will produce acceptable profit margins.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Preparation of detailed estimates or “takeoffs”, for estimating the cost of labor, material and equipment. Ensure that 3 competitive bids are always sought for comparison during bidding process
- Submit bid bond information well in advance of bid submittal date.
- Analyzing sub-trade requirements, and for preparing tender documents for large commercial, industrial or institutional construction projects.
- Determine the scope of work and define the contractual requirements for the project.
- Solicit and coordinate sub-trade tenders and supplier quotations for labor, material and equipment to meet project specifications and budget requirements.
- Quantify all aspects of the tender documents using automated estimating processes, systems and documentation procedures.
- Prepare detailed project cost estimates and bids for senior management approval.
- Monitor cost and schedule fluctuations and make appropriate revisions to cost estimates.
- Apply value engineering techniques to improve productivity and lower costs.
- Complete post-bid analysis on unsuccessful bids. Contribute current cost and productivity information into the company database.
- Positively interface between clients and the often widely dispersed project teams and resources.
- Develop and plan procedures and programs to meet the specific needs of the company and clients
- These items are not meant to be exhaustive of responsibilities, duties, or requirements. Additional tasks may be requested as needed to meet overall objectives of the company.
- Must pass Hazardous Waste Operations physical as defined by 29CFR1910.120
- Bachelors’ degree in Civil, Construction or Environmental Engineering or Construction Management or 5 to 7 years relevant experience
- Valid drivers license with clean driving record.
Demolition, Earthwork, Environmental Restoration and Preservation
About Taplin Group, LLC
For 70 years the Taplin family of companies and teams have provided exceptional environmental and municipal services throughout the mid-west and beyond. Our dedication to providing safe, professional services through innovative strategies and sustainable solutions has helped make us Michigan's premier environmental services provider.
From underground infrastructure, to earthwork and remediation services, to industrial manufacturing, to energy pipeline services, Taplin has the tools, the equipment, the experience and the people to get it done.