The Quality Control Technician (QC Tech) helps our job-site project teams to deliver outstanding concrete paving mixes and results. The individual in this position will work with Hi-Way’s job-site leadership daily to review procedures, plans, and results as well as interface with and monitor outside QC contractors and partners.
This position is located in Nashville, TN, and may require extensive travel or relocation to other regional job sites and projects in the future.
- Assist QC Manager in preparing mix designs for paving and other items at HPI lab onsite or at an offsite location.
- Verify daily compliance with quality control/quality assurance plans for paving and other items.
- Review existing procedures for performing QC/QA testing and documentation and modify/improve as necessary.
- Summarize all QC/QA results for all projects in a clear and concise format that can be presented to executive-level management.
- Review and understand specifications for all active projects, including material testing, material production, placement, finished product tolerances, payment formulas, etc.
- Collaborate with all quality control personnel working for Hi-Way Paving, Inc., including outside firms working on current projects.
- Communicate project specifications with production personnel prior to job start-up and during operation.
- Understand project-specific book of standard drawings and specifications for each active project.
- Work closely with batch plant and production personnel to ensure quality at all levels of the work.
- Develop relationships with Owner-representatives on all projects.
- Report to projects daily, as required by QC Manager.
- Keep a daily diary of work as well as create daily reports as required by the project(s).
- Currently hold or able to attain ACI Level 1 concrete field/lab certification.
- 1 years in a role with progressive knowledge in concrete paving, quality control/assurance or other related experience, preferred.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Ability to travel up to 100%.
- Currently hold or be able to obtain certifications for nuclear density gauge operation.
- Currently hold or be able to obtain certifications for field technician, plant technician and mix design tech, as required for states or jobs.
- Currently hold or be able to obtain other certifications to work in other states (e.g., TN, NC, SC, OH, VA, WV), if required.
- Ability to gain clearance in restricted/high security zones. (Airport AOA, Military Bases, etc.)
- Valid driver’s license.
- Physical capabilities required are climbing, lifting, carrying a minimum of 75 lbs., standing, sitting, walking, entering confined spaces, pushing, pulling, kneeling, squatting, and performing repetitive actions
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Career growth and development in the growing and essential construction industry.
- A commitment to excellence and professionalism through building and supporting high-performing teams.
- An open, inclusive, and innovative family-owned business environment focused on training and safety for all employees.
About Hi-Way Paving
Hi-Way Paving, Inc. is a general contractor in the highway and airfield construction industries, emphasizing projects that involve significant amounts of concrete paving.
We work primarily within a multi-state geographical territory defined by a 500 mile radius around Columbus, Ohio. We perform our services either as a prime contractor or as a subcontractor to other prime contractors, pursuant to principal contracts with federal, state, other governmental agencies and private owners.
Here at Hi-Way, we are do-ers, innovators and leaders in concrete paving and construction technology. As a team member, you’ll have the opportunity to build your career in the growing and essential construction industry and work on a team consistently recognized as one of the best in the industry.
Hi-Way Paving, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building high-performing, diverse, and inclusive teams from the job site to our Hilliard, Ohio headquarters. Learn more about Equal Employment Opportunity through this legal overview and supplement.
About Hi-Way Paving
Today at Hi-Way
Today is the first day on our journey to tomorrow, and we’re excited about where we are going.
We are expanding, growing, and making an impact in our communities and the lives of our team members. Our team is a family: we work hard together and enrich each others’ lives. We take pride in that and hope that those who join us – as employees, partners, and clients – do too.
We have a rich history. Our history informs where we’ve been, sets a high standard for our future accomplishments, and cultivates our commitment to each other and what we do. That commitment can be seen in our dedication to each other, to our craft and to our industry. As the Hi-Way Paving family, we are proud to represent the best of the construction and concrete paving industries, while truly building America for the future.
We are excited to have the opportunity to bring our mission and purpose to life, and we hope you’ll share your passion and commitment with us.
Looking forward to tomorrow,
Dustin P. Keith and Edward T. Wessel