Kokosing (www.kokosing.biz) is one of America's 60 largest General Contractors and services a broad spectrum of clients in both the private and public business sectors. Kokosing's services include heavy civil/industrial construction such as highways, bridges, underground utilities, water/wastewater facilities, power stations, and marine construction (dredging, piers, docks, etc.). For 70 years, Kokosing has successfully attracted the most qualified technical personnel in the construction industry by offering visible challenges, superior quality, and attractive rewards. With over $1.5 billion in annual sales and a commitment to its workforce, Kokosing is the winning team.
We are seeking Project Engineers (Heavy Highway) to work on our Lover's Leap road widening project on Rt. 58 in mountains of Stuart, VA.
Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of heavy civil projects such as bridge and heavy highway projects. Ensure that project goals are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze and understand plans and specifications.
- Follow administrative procedures as outlined in Project Administration Manual.
- Possesses field experience: inspects construction site to monitor progress and ensure conformance to engineering plans, specifications, and construction/safety standards.
- Proficient with CPM scheduling program; produces accurate schedules as needed.
- Supervise and coordinates submittal process and working drawings requirements.
- Prepare or directs preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, environmental impact studies, and designs for the project as necessary.
- Provide contract interpretation and clarification.
- Maintain and update project schedules by updating monthly schedules with the assistance of the Project Superintendent and Assisting Project Superintendent with weekly two-week look ahead schedule review.
- Understand cost and productivity data.
- Maintain, verify, and report cost and income quantities for work performed.
- Review, approve, and submit progress billings.
- Analyze, prepare, and maintains and monitors job costs and production budget
- Work with Superintendent to control job costs and production budget
- Prepare and submit accurate and timely monthly cost, income, and cash flow projections.
- Execute and approve subcontractor requisitions and vendor invoices.
- Coordinate, price and assist Project Manager in settlement of change orders and claims.
- Respond to issues quickly; proactive in problem solving; handles multiple tasks.
- Manage time and organizes office and filing system efficiently; organizes and maintains accurate project correspondence files.
- Maintain subcontractor insurance certificate compliance
- Maintain project compliance with underground utility notifications and locations (i.e. Miss Utility and others).
- Promote and participate in 2 week and long-range planning with job team; includes job team in all planning
- Treats all coworkers with respect; works well with subs and suppliers.
- Consistently applies and enforces Safety Policy at all times.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Civil Engineering or Construction Management degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university.
- 1-5+ years of experience in related field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Computer literate: proficient with spreadsheet and word processing programs, proficient with CPM scheduling programs such as Primavera Project Planner, Project Management software, Microsoft Office software
- Understanding of, and experience using, cost and productivity data
- Communicates in clear and professional manner both verbally and in writing with job team and owners.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business reports, correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Kokosing offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, life, and disability insurance, paid time off and a 401K plan.
Kokosing is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action federal and state contractor. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class.