Come work for a next generation civil contractor changing the status quo and providing the next level of service to anyone who crosses our path. Powers Development Group is challenging the way things have always been done while creating a positive movement of co-workers who love where they work.
Your Job Summary:
PDG has immediate openings for skilled heavy equipment operators. Do you enjoy the outdoors, traveling, and being apart of building something that will last for generations? Then we have a spot for you on our team. We are seeking operators with experience on Excavators, Bulldozers, Loaders, Skid Steer, or Motor Grader. With a huge potential for promotion and growth, training your fellow co-workers is a must. A safety-first mindset is crucial for success and will present amazing opportunities to be rewarded.
Your Responsibilities a Heavy Equipment Operator:
- Lead by example all company safety policies.
- Maintain the highest level of service and quality on all sites
- Resolve conflicts or miscommunication that may happen on-site quickly and amicably
- Report project status to supervisors
- Provide and encourage positive work environment for co-workers
- Occasional overtime as needed and desired
- Nightwork as projects require
- Travel and overnight stay on projects located outside of 1.5 hour traveling radius
- Inspect equipment before and after each shift
- Perform daily equipment maintenance task. Including, but not limited to, fuel, lubricants, fluids, and track cleaning.
- Report any issues to direct supervisor
- Additional job functions and responsibilities may be required and assigned by management as necessary to meet the required results
Your Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 1-year heavy equipment experience
- Knowledge of standard construction equipment and materials
- Extensive knowledge of construction best practices, equipment maintenance, and use, and OSHA guidelines
- Ability to read, or learn to read, drawings, plans, and blueprints
- Ability to communicate and report effectively
- Able to pass drug screen and pre-employment background check
- Flexibility to work a changing schedule that could include day or night shifts, weekends and/or holidays, and overtime.
Your Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive pay based on experience.
- Pay Range $17-$27 per hour
- Full Benefits after 60 days including paid time off.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace
Salary: $17.00 - $27.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Schedule: Day shift
- Construction Experience: 2 years (Preferred)
- Heavy Equipment: 1 year (Preferred)
Willingness to travel: 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple locations
While performing the duties required for this position the employees must be able to/must have:
- Understand all safety requirements and policies.
- Continuously wear assigned Personal Protective Equipment.
- Tolerate continuous physical excursion without becoming fatigued or out of breath.
- Use stomach and back muscles to support the body while working and lifting.
- Stand, walk for long periods of time (more than several hours) and use arms, legs, and hand repetitively.
- Use hands and muscles to grasp, move, lift, carry, push, or pull heavy objects.
- Move two or more limbs together while remaining and maintaining stability (e.g. move two arms or two legs or one leg and one arm.)
- React quickly and swiftly using hands, feet, and fingers.
- Walk, stand and squat on varying ground surfaces and traverse irregular and steep terrain. Walk safely on wet and slippery surfaces.
- Frequently lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Load and unload equipment into and out of company vehicles.
- Operate and repetitively use hand/power tools.
- Use manual dexterity to feel and operate keyboards, smart phones, tools, and controls.
- Work safely outdoors under adverse environmental and weather conditions which may rain, heat, humidity, snow, wind, cold, dust, smoke repetitive noises, fuel fumes and other construction substances.
- Vision adequate (including corrected vision) to see moving vehicles and construction equipment, to read instructions, signs, plans, reports, or manuals and to see objects that are less than and more than a few feet away. See differences between colors, shades, and brightness and visually assess the distance between to objects.
- Hearing adequate (included corrected hearing) to hear approaching vehicles or construction equipment, to listen to instructions and information over the phone, clearly hear audible commands at a distance from supervisors, and hold conversations in person.
- Understand the speech and words of another person.
- Maintain constant awareness of surroundings on construction site including machinery and equipment, moving vehicles, trenched areas, and other employees/individuals on worksite.
About Powers Development Group
Powers Development Group is a civil site contractor supporting all phases of horizontal construction. From clearing to paving, we have what it takes to tackle any project. PDG does not believe in doing things a certain way just because that's how they've always been done. While we respect the pioneers who have gotten us to where we are, we strive to find new ways that allow us to better serve our clients.