The Area Aggregates Manager is responsible for supervising and supporting Aggregate superintendents through coaching and developing a team focused on the safe and efficient operation of their respective facilities. The incumbent will support NESL under the direction of the Regional Aggregate manager; focusing on the safety of employees; costs control, product quality, inventory management and customer service.
Area Aggregate Manager - What Will You Do?
- Leads Quarry Superintendents to ensure safe and efficient Aggregate operations.
- Provides coaching and guidance to Superintendents to assist in the management of facility personnel, cultivating a strong culture of safety, teamwork and best practices.
- Outlines NESL Strategic Initiatives, providing support to Superintendents assisting them in establishing action plans to obtain the Strategic Initiatives.
- Identifies operating deficiencies through the use of KPIs, developing and communicating an action plan to address these deficiencies.
- Assists Superintendents in day-to-day decision making when needed.
- Works with Superintendents to assist them with understanding and managing their production, labor, product quality and equipment costs.
- Works with Superintendents and Purchasing Department to maintain a critical spares list and secure quality parts and equipment at a competitive price point.
- Develops long range mining and operating plans to keep NESL operations current with industry standards.
- Works with NESL Engineering staff and consultants to ensure all facilities are compliant with local, state and federal environmental regulations.
- Maintains an open line of communication with the Sales team, ensuring industry best customer service.
- Assists in the hiring of operations personnel.
- Manages the relationship between labor and NESL management as it applies to the day-to-day operations.
- Where applicable, assists NESL management in the negotiation and application of Collective Bargaining Agreements, grievance resolution and arbitration.
- Handles day to day labor and personnel issues, ensuring that there is an open line of communication with all employees.
- Establishes and manages facility budgets.
- Aids Regional Manager in developing operating budget, ensuring that sales projections are met, inventory is managed, and production cost controls are in place to maximize EBITDA.
- Works closely with Regional Manager and NESL Accounting staff to monitor and manage monthly costs and inventories.
- Learn more about the Materials & Aggregate Industry in PA
Requirements - Who Are We Looking For?
- Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience, including, but not limited to surface aggregate mining, processing and maintenance.
- Associates Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or relevant discipline preferred. Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Proven ability to build professional relationships with leaders and external networks.
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Must have strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must possess strong attention to detail, good organizational skills with the ability to ensure accurate work.
- Demonstrated skills and ability to be persuasive and collaborate across multiple levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently but as part of a team concept.
- Flexibility and the ability to operate under stressful, time-sensitive deadlines.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Valid driver's license and meets NESL's driving standards.
- Competitive Benefit Package - Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k, Vacation, Life Insurance, etc
- Career Growth - We pride ourselves in developing coworkers and promoting from within.
- Stable Industry - Our materials are in high demand year over year.
About New Enterprise Stone & Lime Co., Inc.
Our mission as a family-owned company is to provide the highest quality construction materials, heavy highway construction, and traffic safety products. Coworkers are our most valuable assets. We commit to achieving our mission in a safe, environmentally conscious, financially sound, and ethical manner. Safety, Communication, and Innovation are the three foundation values that support our mission in the NESL culture.
Mission - New Enterprise Stone & Lime Co., Inc. (nesl.com)