We are looking for a mechanic to join our expanding team.
Rock n Dirt Excavating is a family owned company. We are looking for talent to help our rapidly growing business. We are a Non-union company looking to expand with quality people. We offer paid holidays, paid vacations, health insurance, optical/dental insurance, accidental death and 401K.
Our jobs are in the 60-mile radius of Tippecanoe county, so you will be home every night. We work Monday to Saturday, with most weekends off. We value our employees as family and want you to spend time with yours as much as we want to with ours. Please contact us if you are interested in an opportunity with our company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform minor and major repairs on trucks, trailers, and heavy equipment.
- Conduct regular preventative maintenance and inspections on service equipment.
- Maintain parts inventory and cleanliness in the shop.
- Collaborate with operators and managers to diagnose problems with equipment and plan repairs.
- Perform regular diagnostic tests on equipment.
- Maintain accurate records of each repair performed on equipment.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Assist Superintendents and Project Managers with other operational duties as assigned.
- 5+ years experience as a Diesel Mechanic, preferred.
- 3+ years of experience working with Heavy (Construction) Equipment, preferred.
- Valid CDL license
- ASE Diesel Certification, preferred.
- Able to work nights and weekends.
- Must be able to travel up to 100% of the time.
- Physical capabilities required are climbing, lifting, carrying a minimum of 75 lbs., standing, sitting, walking, entering confined spaces, pushing, pulling, kneeling, squatting, and performing repetitive actions.