Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and Washington D.C. is hiring a Regional Human Resources Manager in Salem, Virginia at our corporate headquarters. The Regional Human Resources Manager is responsible for handling employee relations, administering policy and labor law compliance, overseeing HR staff and handling day to day HR needs for a multi-facility company. Requires high level of HR knowledge, management, and administrative skillsets to help oversee the hiring, onboarding, and termination process. Previous responsibility over multiple business locations or business units preferred. Seeking candidate with minimum of ten years progressive experience in Human Resources, including minimum two years in management. College degree in Human Resources or business-related field, preferred. Current human resources certification a plus.
Requirements for the Regional Human Resources position include:
- Must support VP of Human Resources to execute organization-wide strategies and objectives.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, verify facts, and draw valid conclusions. Must be able to interpret an extensive variety of data relating to employment laws.
- Must be effective in engaging in discussions on complex topics with management and employees at all levels. Must be able to make presentations to company personnel.
- Must be proficient in handling employee relations issues to guide the development of corrective action plans to implement lasting solutions.
- Directs and composes revisions to Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Oversees maintenance of personnel transaction records such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, terminations, and employee statistics to support government reporting and ensure that all HR record keeping is accurate and current.
- Work with management and HR team to educate in all affirmative action areas to enhance recruiting efforts in support of positively influencing a diverse workforce.
- Establish and maintain relationships with outside organizations to promote disability inclusion and non-discriminatory hiring practices.
- Ensure that company complies with all federal and state laws relating to employment.
- Ability to perform and make decisions independently.
- Demonstrate high level of ethical behavior.
- Requires maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple competing tasks and demands. Requires strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software. HRIS system exposure and expertise preferred.
- Must promote a positive customer and employee experience.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills with all levels of employees.
- Must uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way
- Some travel required.
Physical requirements must be met for the Regional Human Resources Manager, including ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 15 pounds in weight. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
About Carter Machinery Company, Inc.
Carter Machinery is the Caterpillar equipment dealer for Virginia, Maryland, Washington D.C., Delaware, and southeastern West Virginia. Founded in 1928, we have grown to over 30 locations and over 2,600 employees. We sell and service the full Caterpillar product line, including Heavy Equipment, Power Generation, Marine, and Industrial Engines.
At Carter Machinery, our heart for service starts with our team. If you’re ready for a career with an organization who understands that its people are its greatest strength and the key to future success, Carter is the place for you.