Our Project Managers work closely with Owners, Architects, Subcontractors, Suppliers, and our internal operations teams to develop plans for the various projects assigned. We are looking for individuals who can effectively manage the relationships with others as well as handle the logistics of day-to-day operations.
· Provide initial client contact to assess scope of work and resources required to successfully complete project;
· Prepare complete estimate for selected project with detailed review of proposal specifications, drawings, takeoff information, contracting and the like;
· Manage the total construction effort to ensure the project is constructed safely in accordance with design, budget and schedule, and that the end result meets both the company’s quality standards and the customer’s satisfaction (Includes interfacing with client representatives, A/E representatives, other contractors, etc.);
· Supervise Project Management staff assigned to work onsite, as well as planning, coordinating and supervising onsite functions (schedule, engineering, material control, and may provide day-to-day direction of onsite administrative staff in accounting, purchasing, etc.);
· Provide technical assistance and logistical support (i.e., interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc.);
· Initiate and maintain extra work estimating and issuance of change orders;
· Perform long-term planning, identify future roadblocks and pitfalls, and develop solutions to these problems before the project is adversely impacted;
· Assume responsibility for cost control, productivity, efficient use of materials and equipment, risk management and overall contractual performance of the project
· Ability to travel frequently and remain eligible to operate a company vehicle or a personal vehicle for company purposes per Fleet Safety Management policy; and
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· 3-5 years commercial construction experience in construction project management or project engineering;
· Bachelor level degree with an emphasis in Construction Management or Civil Engineering;
· Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods, applicable building and industry codes) as well as company policies, procedures and standards;
· Basic knowledge of construction contract law required;
· Willingness to attend safety meetings and receive required training;
· Ability to work rapidly and accurately with plans and computers;
· Ability to work varying hours as required, full-time or over-time, evenings or weekends;
· Ability to work in a variety of environments that will include working outside in extreme weather conditions and noise levels;
· Excellent communication, organizational and supervisory skills essential; and
· Must have working knowledge of Primavera/Sure Trak scheduling, Timberline Estimating/ Accounting, Prolog Manager and Microsoft Office Suite.
· Communication Proficiency;
· Organizational Skills;
· Time Management;
· Technical Capacity; and
· Customer/Client Focus.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job frequently operates on site at construction projects. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Project Managers may be exposed to unpleasant elements such as dust, fumes and odors, dampness, noise levels, or outside weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time non-union position. The scheduled hours are 40 to 50 hours per week Monday through Friday but may be extended as required to execute the tasks assigned.
This position requires frequent travel.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor level degree with an emphasis in Construction Management or Civil Engineering and 3-5 years of commercial construction experience in construction project management or project engineering.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
1. Must pass a pre-employment screen, including but not limited to a drug and alcohol screen, background check, motor vehicle records check, reference check and physical (if applicable).
2. Current and valid driver’s license in the state of permanent residence (must be insurable by Jaynes automobile insurance carrier in order to drive a Jaynes vehicle).
3. Must be eligible per Fleet Safety Management policy to operate a company vehicle or a personal vehicle for company purposes.
Jaynes Corporation requires that all employees be legally authorized to work in the United States. Any person employed by Jaynes must complete the federal Employment Eligibility Verification Form (I-9) and will be entered into the federal E-Verify system.
All employment decisions at Jaynes are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, national, social, or ethnic origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Jaynes will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Jaynes Corporation offers full-time, non-union employees a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401k, holiday, and vacation pay.
For over 75 years, Jaynes has been a top construction company in the Southwest, and we’ve only made it this far on the strength of our team. We’re looking to grow that team by investing in the right people. Together, we can build stronger communities and structures that will last lifetimes.
Who are the right people for Jaynes? They’re the ones who embody our values of integrity and work ethic, who take ownership of the work they do, who want to stay for the long haul and find purpose in lifting each other up along the way.