A shop mechanic for Ames is responsible for keeping the equipment in good operating condition at all times, in order to accomplish 100% availability and safe operation of the equipment. The shop Mechanic will work at our Phoenix, AZ shop. The perfect candidate will have minimum 5 years experience on heavy equipment such as but not limited to, dozers, track hoes and loaders, haul trucks and excavators. Job consists of machine rebuilds, component swaps, troubleshooting. Must be proficient with Cat ET and SIS.
This is a full-time position and Mechanic will be required to join the Operator’s Local 428 as a Group 4 mechanic.
• Must understand and adhere to the personal responsibility of safety, and work safely at all times
• Adhere to all company safety protocol and policies
• Ability to work as a team, communicate effectively, and take ownership of assigned tasks
• Able to have a flexible work shift, work extended hours or possible weekends as workload requires
• Receive on-the-job training and direction
• Complete all job tasks on-time as required by supervisor
• Must have excellent troubleshooting skills with confident ability to navigate through electrical and hydraulic schematics
• Is a self-starter and highly driven
• Willing to promote a teamwork atmosphere working closely with all departments throughout the company
• Can work in a high-pressure environment and maintain a professional and positive attitude.
• Excellent mechanical skills with prior experience and have good organizational skills
• Able to work under time restraints and understands the urgency to place equipment back in production
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• Possess a valid and clear driver’s license
• Must be a proficient welder
• Good physical condition
• Required tools to perform job efficiently and with little to no supervision
• Ability to operate equipment
• Ability and willingness to travel overnight to outlying jobs
• Ability and willingness to work nights, weekends and overtime when needed
• Reliable transportation to and from work
Ames Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Ames Construction has built America for more than 60 years, and the exceptional people who make up our team are a vital factor in our success. We are a full-service, heavy civil and industrial general contractor that brings innovative solutions to many market segments, from highway and bridge construction to mining, renewables, and rail. Ames is a family-owned company that retains its entrepreneurial spirit while offering the experience and stability of a proven construction industry leader. Equipped with our core values of People, Team, Our Bond, Persistence, and Vision, we make communities across the U.S. safer, keep supply chains moving, and lay the groundwork for a sustainable future. By joining Ames, you will be working with talented colleagues at an award-winning, nationally recognized top 75 general contractor.